If You Step On a Crack….
You probably won’t break your mama’s back, but the presence of a crack should not be ignored. Minor cracks are much easier to address early on than when they begin to widen and spread. Sounds like common sense, but it is easy to put things off until the cracks become a bigger problem.
Don’t Let it Sink In
Water seeping into the sub-base can weaken the structure of a section of asphalt. Combined with temperature changes, this leads to visible wear such as potholes or sinking areas. Damage creates risk and inconvenience to vehicles and people, and it also makes your property less appealing visually. Addressing small signs of damage ASAP can prevent much larger repairs and reduce the bottom line cost.
A great service provider should keep you aware of these details. You likely are not able to crawl the parking lot looking for wear and tear yourself, but photographs of damage from attentive service providers can alert you to issues so you can decide how to address them.
So then, what are some corrective maintenance techniques to prolong the life of your lot?
- Asphalt Resurfacing – Commonly, low areas are leveled, transitions are ground, and drainage structures may be adjusted before filling.
- Concrete Crack Chasing – Cracks are cut into so they can be repaired with filling.
- Seal-coating – A sealing is applied to block pores to reduce water absorption, resist oil/gas spills, and create a visually appealing, smooth appearance. The parking lot becomes easier to sweep and maintain. It also becomes darker and absorbs more heat, making it more flexible and impervious to cracking from vehicles and people walking.
- Crack-sealing – This is the first defense against pavement deterioration. It extends pavement life by preventing cracks from spreading and water seepage from doing more damage.
- Power Washing – Regularly cleaning concrete using pressurized water systems will extend its life and enhance its appearance.
A great service provider should keep you aware of these details. You likely are not able to crawl the parking lot looking for wear and tear yourself, but photographs of damage from alert service providers can help you evaluate what maintenance is needed.
TWS Is Pro-Active With Solutions
TWS offers a cloud-based management system, so you get instant notifications of service to your property. We act as the eyes and ears of your property. Our unique property coordinators communicate frequently and efficiently to keep you updated on your property and provide solutions as needed. Ready for a service provider who takes the initiative? Call us for more information: (888) 883-1915